Saturday, October 27, 2007

"What's Today?"






































Not being at work each day, not watching t.v., not reading the paper, and not speaking the language here leaves me a little out of sorts. I'm always asking, "What's Today?" I guess when I think about it ... I do that in normal everyday life! Ha! So you can imagine how out of it I feel here!?

Great day today! Noah didn't have a fever, ate soooo good, and was in excellent spirits! All of this after I woke up at 5:00 a.m. worrying about him. A crazy fear gripped me ... a fear that something would happen to him before I can get him home to a good doctor.
After morning bonding, Larissa and Olga took us to see Semey's Notary. He put together official documents naming Olga (she's an attorney) Power of Attorney over our paperwork and all paper transactions from city to city. It took FOREVER!!! Imagine a professional Kazakh man typing with ONE finger and smoking a cigarette with the other hand ... in Russian he said the cigarette smoke kills the flies! It was pretty interesting and was an IMPORTANT part of the business at hand ... doing what it takes to get these adoptions complete!!!

After afternoon bonding, Larissa took us to the Sport Club to work out again. This is good for us. The owner kept blowing kisses at me.
I'm attaching some of my favorite photos of the day. One of my favorites is the one of Noah and me at the window. I'm saying, "Hey buddy ... I'm about to bust you out of here!!!!"

You'll also see a photo of the owner of the Sport Club with his daughter, Marsha ... a champion body builder. She leads the work-outs. This HUGE sign hangs just outside the entrance to the gym.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE the window picture of you and Noah and I can hear you telling him you are going to "bust him out" of there. How precious! It will be such a different life for him when you get him back home. I know you are soooo ready but hang on Jayne because it will be here before you know it!

Love,
Gloria

Unknown said...

How precious!! I adore the picture of Noah on his back and the smile he's giving you warms my heart! What a cutie! I guess you know if I'm on the computer, the entire family comes to see if you've posted something new!! Take care! Much love, The Harris Family

P.S. Coley knows you won't be able to read the GA-FL score so...GA 42, FL 30!!

bbcheermom said...

Does this mean you will come back looking like that picture after all your workouts!! Just kidding.

He seems to be such a happy baby. I think he knows God has sent you to "bust him out of there" that's why he's always smiling at you.