Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Heeeeeeeere's NOAH!!!

Greetings, everyone! I thought my first communication from the great city of Semey should include the very first photo of Ramazan Abildaev! I arrived at the orphanage Monday, the 22nd and had an interview with the orphanage director, a middle aged Kazakh man with gentle eyes and soft speech. The questions weren't tough at all ... he seemed to just want to get to know me. He then asked the caretakers to bring out three baby boys ... one of which was Ramazan! Oh, I can't tell you how it felt to see him for the first time!! They allowed me to go "bond" with Ramazan in a private play room for about 45 minutes. I was able to see that at 10 months, he can raise up from a lying position but hasn't discovered yet that he can crawl. He can stand when held ... with wobbly legs. He has a darling smile ... especially when I tickle his feet or kiss his hands. He never cried but seemed very content. I am SMITTEN!

He is in "isolation" ... kind of like an infirmary because he has a respiratory infection. He is improving each day they say and should be out of isolation in 4 or 5 days. Until then, I am limited as to my time with him ... once a day for an hour and 1/2 only. Hopefully he will be much better and by next week, I will get to "bond" twice a day!

Today ... my second day of bonding (15 days required before court is set) I got to play with him just outside the infirmary in a waiting room. I was able to watch the sweet caretaker, Alla, feed him his bowl of soup ... looked like a cold liquidy cream of wheat. He GOBBLED down every bite and when she hesitated to get a spoon of it back to his mouth quickly enough, he let her know to HURRY! They are going to let me feed him next time!

By the end of bonding today ... I could tell he knew who I was ... and as the caretaker took him away ... he kept his head turned toward me and smiled and smiled!! Oh ... oh ... oh ... words can't describe.






9 comments:

marsrob said...

This is the most touching post. Thank you for sharing. You two look completely comfortable with each other already! How amazing that he is already knowing who you are! Can't wait for his sake and your sake 'til he gets healthier so you two can spend lots more time together! SO happy for you. And thanks for sharing what it is like. We're still waiting for that LOI, but we know we'll be right where you are - in Semey - soon! Cannot wait! CONGRATULATIONS!

Unknown said...

Jayne,
He is beautiful!! I love this post! I'm not sure who is more adorable you or your precious Noah!! It's great to hear from you! I'm about to spread the word!! Love from NFHS and Anita

Unknown said...

Jayne, How sweet. He is a doll. It is amazing how you too seem to take to each other so quick. I hope he is feeling better and you get to spend more time with him. Take care. Relieved you arrived safely.

Joan

Unknown said...

Jayne,
I couldn't keep from being teary-eyed as I read your post. He is beautiful and you are going to be a wonderful mother! I am so very happy for you and am glad you are safe and secure. We miss you already but I am so happy that you can be with your baby boy.

Love,
Gloria

Unknown said...

Jayne,
He is beautiful and you look like a perfect fit! He is soooooooooo cute! We will all be praying for his speedy recovery so you can spend more time with him! Enjoy the experience and your bonding with him, what an amazing miracle!

Unknown said...

He's perfect! I'm so happy for you! I hope he feels better soon! We're glad you arrived safely. Can't wait to hear more from you! Take care!

Unknown said...

He is amazing!! Tears flow as I think of the way you feel when you see him smile!! Landon started smiling last week! It is truly a gift from God! I think it IS the smile of an angel! I do hope he gets well soon! I am sure that your love and hugs will help! Can't wait to hear from you again!
Amy

Patrick & Eileen said...

Jayne,
I'm happy to see all your updates.

Noah is just precious!! I hope that he gets better soon for you to spend more time with him.

Your posts on where you're staying, the food and the people eased my mind as we're not sure what we expected. You gave great detailed info!

Have a wonderful time and savor it to share with Noah someday.

Eileen

Ashlee said...

Jayne: He is so adorable! Congratulations on your first meeting. They certainly take your heart when you first meet them and never let go. Love, Ashlee, Stewart and Owen