Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

Today is Halloween! Upon arrival to the infirmary ... the caretaker motions for me to follow her and she leads me upstairs only for me to find that Noah has GRADUATED!! He is out of isolation and has joined the other children! Yippeeeeee!

My good friend, Nancy Ferrell, sent some Happy Halloween surprises to me through Crystal. I got a card, bottles of wine, two Halloween candles, and two bags of caramel, chocolate nut, popcorn! Well ... I decided to put a white ribbon around one bag of this "crunch" today and give it to the caretakers. They were so surprised when I did and soooooooo appreciative! Then, they put a "My First Halloween" outfit on Noah that I had brought for him for this special day!

For lunch, we went to a chinese restaurant that was pretty good and then Larissa took us to a small bookstore where I bought a DVD on Semey, Kazakhstan.

At afternoon bonding, we started off by feeding the children their SAME EXACT LUNCH THEY GET EVERY DAY! In the new area, I had to sit my big rear end on a tiny chair (for a two year old!) to feed Noah. Noah was kind of cranky ... I'm sure it's the teething thing!

A big joke in the bonding room is waiting to see who gets "slimed" next! All three babies are teething ... and every time we bond, they have just finished eating. So, you can only imagine all the drool and spit up! I never knew that baby spit up smells just like vomit! It is sooooo gross wearing clothes all day that smell like baby vomit. Across the bonding room, you'll hear ... "AAAAAGH!" and we all know who got it. Then, we'll hear, "GROOOOOOOOOOSS!" Yep ... happened again! Ha! This goes on and on!




A shout out to my twin brother, Wayne ... here is Noah in his first ride in the Baby Bjorn baby carrier that you gave me! "We" are going to practice with it some before we make the "big trip" home! Thanks, Wayne! We love it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute outfit! Take care and relish in the joy that he is on his way to great health.

Happy Halloween, Jayne.

Love,
Gloria

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I am sorry I haven't left any comments b/c I am addicted to this blog! I feel like I am on the trip with you! We are leaving tomorrow for a trip to St Kitts and won't have access to email for 7 days and I will be having withdrawls!

I don't think I have even seen you look happier or more "at home" even as you are so far away! This is your destiny and I am just so thrilled for you. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers while we are gone and will certainly plan a trip as soon as possible on your return to see baby Noah!

We Love you!!! L and T

PS - Tell Crystal she's a LOSER!! Just kidding...we got her Halloween card and it cracked us up! Glad to see she has access to beer which I'm sure she needs!! :) Lots of love and kisses!