Sunday, October 28, 2007

Groundhog Day?











Other adopting parents have said you will start feeling like you are in the movie "Groundhog Day." In this movie, the actor Bill Murray, had to continue living the same day over and over. Well, I don't know if it's quite like that ... but our routine is pretty set.

The most exciting thing to share about today is TWO-FOLD. Number ONE ... Noah is doing GREAT! Bonding today was wonderful. Number TWO ... my dear friend, Crystal, arrived today for a one week visit! She got off the plane in Semey and walked into the airport with NO COAT!!! I know people must have thought she was CRAZY! But she had the biggest smile on her face as she shivered ... and has had me laughing since she touched ground here. She walked the 3 floors of the dark, dank stairwell of my apartment building (that reeks of sewer gas) and I about peed on myself laughing so hard watching her reaction!!! When she saw my accomodations, she said ... "Thank GOD I brought wine!" She doesn't realize how good I have it. She said tonight that she was going to take a shower. I said Crystal "I don't have a shower." She saw the tub and said, "I'm not getting in that!" Well ... she did ... and now I have to find enough layers to dress her in as I don't have any heat in the apartment. Last night I slept in gloves, socks, house shoes, long johns, pj's, and a sweat shirt! She'll adjust and for those of you who know Crystal ... you know I'm getting the biggest kick out of watching her!! She's a hoot! This will be the most pleasurable week ... seeing Noah each day and having Crystal here to share it with!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I am so glad your dear friend has arrived to be with you. How FUNNY about your trip up the stairwell with her. You describe events so well that I can almost place myself there with you!

I want to share with you a hymn that one of my dear friends at school wanted me to have, and now I want you to have the words as well.

The title of the hymn is Day by Day:

Day by day, and with each passing moment, Strength I find to meet my trials here.

Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment, I've no cause for worry or for fear.

He whose heart is kind beyond all measure, Gives unto each day what He deems best,

Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure, Mingling toil with peace and rest. (end)

May God's peace be with you on your journey. I feel His presence with you and know He will protect you in all you do.

Love,
Gloria