Sunday, October 7, 2007

DATE IS SET! Letter of Invitation is here!!

Wow!!! What a feeling! AJ called me at 4:00 p.m. Friday, October 5th and said, "Jayne ... I just wanted to let you know that Noah is ready and waiting." I said, "What are you saying?" She said, "You're letter of invitation arrived today!!" I followed this by pacing circles saying, "Oh my God ... Oh my God ... Oh my God!" AJ's conversation with me was constantly interrupted by more, "I can't believe this!!!!! It's really happening!!! and on and on. She just laughed and was very happy for me. I imagine calls like this are the best part of her job ... knowing she is making someone so, so thrilled! It was surreal. Even hours after the call, my head was spinning in circles. I literally felt like I had a concussion ... because I just couldn't think straight at all. AJ said I need to be in Kazakhstan on October 21st!! She ALSO said that there is another single woman who lives in Roswell, GA (very close to where I live) named Joanie and that we will be traveling to the SAME region at the SAME time! How wonderful is that?? There is also a couple from FL named Shannon and Derick who will be there at the same time. We ALL got the news on the same day and have been in contact. All of us are ecstatic!! It's so comforting to communicate with others who know EXACTLY what I'm feeling!!

To add to that good news ... my work friends gave me a baby shower today and I was THRILLED to be able to share with them the awesome news. Gosh ... it's good to have friends who join in your excitement. They were all so genuinely happy. I truly believe I got EVERYTHING on my registry at both Babies R Us and Target! I just was overwhelmed with all of their support and generosity. I'm going to try to find a way to thank them ... but I don't know how I'll find just the right words. My friend, Beth Gliatta played hostess with the mostest! Her 3 1/2 year old daughter, Anna, helped of course as she was in charge of helping me unwrap most of the gifts! My favorite game we played was this ... people were paired and had 10 minutes to write a poem about my experience and finding Noah. Afterwards everyone read their poem and I got to pick the prize winner. Amy Dykes and Jennifer Kinsey entertained us all with their poem sung to the tune of YMCA!! (smile) Vickie Curl and Becky Cahill read their poem and it brought tears to my eyes ... so I declared a tie for first place!!!

It's amazing how God works. I question His timing and then He comes through in ways that just blow my mind. A baby shower planned without even a travel date ... a show of faith by my friend, Beth. And then ... what happens? Two days before the baby shower ... God comes through in His usual big way leaving no doubt that He is indeed in control!

Okay ... I figure I've got about 13 days to get ready to go meet Noah. I better go ... gotta hit the ground running ...

Please click on the link below to experience the baby shower!!!!!

View this montage created at One True Media
Baby Shower 10/7/07

3 comments:

DNS said...

Jayne,
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! I cannot wait to meet you and Noah! I am so encouraged by what God is doing in your life and all of the faith lessons that you share here in your recorded story. It looks like your shower was lovely - and a tremendous blessing. Thank God for friends who believe with us and for us. :) Shannon

Unknown said...

Jayne,
It was such a joy to see the excitement on your face as you opened gifts! I have gone to many baby showers over the years but yours was definitely the most memorable. The happiness we experienced in your presence is due to your faith in God!

For those of your friends who don't have the opportunity to work with you every day...you can see Jayne smiling a mile away and her excitement is infectious! I teach next door to Jayne and love hearing about the latest news each day! Thanks for sharing your story with all of us at work! You and Noah are in my prayers! :) Anita

Unknown said...

God is Great! I am so excited for you and Noah. Being a mom is amazing and it has shown me how much God loves me. It's going to be so much fun to have our kids growing up together!
Becky