Monday, October 15, 2007

Damage Control ...





Today I got in touch with the Dept. of Homeland Security and there was a hold up on a crucial document allowing me to bring the baby back into the country. I was on the phone and e-mail for hours trying to get it all straight. Tomorrow, I have to leave school early, go downtown to my home study agency AND the Immigration Dept. to hand deliver documents ... just to get it all resolved ... here at the last minute!! It was so touch and go that I felt all day like the blood had left my body!
THEN ... I traced my Fed Ex package sent from the Consulate of Kazakhstan that contained my passport AND newly acquired VISA (that gets me into Kaz) AND they claim they delivered it last FRIDAY! Well, I never got it ... so again, I was freaking out!!!!!!! I came home and began to tear my house apart! I FOUND IT!!! I FOUND IT!!! My cleaning lady must have accepted it last Friday and she stuck it under a decorative book on a table when you walk in my front door AND I NEVER SAW IT!!!!!!!! I poured a glass of wine, then two, and I'm on my third ... I think I'll just drink out of the bottle ... what do you think?
Oh, Lord ... just get me on that plane!!

7 comments:

AJ said...

On a positive note, you seem to have a great cleaning lady - the table looks dust free, and the wine glasses are sparkling!

Andrea

marsrob said...

Oh my GOODNESS! I would have had a heart attack over that! Thank GOD you found that visa!!!! You poor thing - what a day! But, it is all good news, right? You're on your way! HOORAY!!! What a crazy experience!

Unknown said...

Jayne,
I am glad you can laugh about it now. When you have Noah in your arms you are going to have some great stories to tell him. He is a lucky boy to have you.

Unknown said...

Jayne, just wanted to let you know that I'm on your blog...what a wild description to read the first time visiting. Mark and I love you and will be following you every step of the way. tammy osborne.

Unknown said...

Jayne, My prayer for you is to have a safe and memorable trip and the love of Christ be ever present with you and baby Noah (I love that name btw). The Holy Spirit is there right now preparing the way for you two and my prayer is that every door will open exactly on time and you will have no more fires to put out and you can sit back and enjoy the journey. Your lives will never be the same!!! I cannot even begin to understand the thrill that must be in your heart right now--you deserve the best--God's best, and I am sure Noah will be that to you, and you will be that to him. Warmest and Kindest Regards, KRB

Patrick & Eileen said...

Jayne, thank you for letting me view your blog! Very sweet of you.

I'm sure it's hard to believe that you're finally going. I wish you the best on your journey to Noah.

Eileen

Wayne said...

Jayne, I was nervous just reading it. Whew!!! Last night I dreamed we were driving through the wild and were surrounded by leopards, wolves, and other wild animals. Mom was with us for a while, but then she wasn't. Paul Dedeaux was with us for a while, but then she wasn't... Maybe I was thinking about all you are going through. :) Wish I could have been with you to raise a glass! I love reading the blog!!! Love, Wayne