Saturday, October 20, 2007

Leaving Today

Have you ever seen a chicken with it's head cut off ... run around? No ... me either ... but I imagine I looked alot like one this morning! My bags are packed! I'm picking up Joanie ... my traveling buddy at 1:00 pm. We leave Atlanta, GA at 4:30 p.m. We will have about a 5 hour layover in Frankfurt, Germany. We will arrive in Almaty, Kazakhstan around midnight Sunday night. The coordinator, interpreter, and driver will pick us up and we will spend the night at a hotel in Almaty. The next morning, will catch a flight for Semey, Kazakhstan. Upon arrival, it is my understanding we will be taken straight to the orphanage!!!! It is on this day that I will meet Noah for the first time and sign papers to "bond" for the required two week bonding period. After this first meeting, we will be taken to our apartments to settle in. I'm not sure when I will be able to post next ... but hopefully I will have some awesome pictures and exciting news to share!!!

9 comments:

marsrob said...

VERY cool! Safe travels! We cannot wait to read your next post! Awesome that you guys are going together!!!!!

Unknown said...

Be safe and stay well. I am comforted you have someone as a travel buddy. Take care, Jayne. Talk to you soon.

My blog invitation is telling me it has expired, but so far I have been able to read the blog and send you comments. If I am ever unable to get onto the blog, I will have Anita or Joan send you a message.

Patrick & Eileen said...

Jayne, Just had to see if you posted today. I am also glad that you have someone to travel with you. Rest when you can and enjoy each moment you're there!!

Looking forward to hearing more about your first moments there and in meeting Noah!

Take care,
Eileen

Wayne said...

I'm trying to imagine where you are and what you are feeling. I know it must be like a dream. As Dad said to me once, "Don't pinch yourself." :-)

Love you so much and am praying constantly for you!!!!

Wayne

Unknown said...

Jayne,

Know that we are all praying for you! Enjoy each and every moment, it only comes once in a lifetime! Please remember to take notes on every second you spend with Noah from the first second you see him, every step of the way! We all love you and can't wait until we get to see Noah! Take Care and Enjoy each second!

Unknown said...

Jayne,
My family will be living on this site! I enjoyed talking to you before you left home for the airport!! You are in our thoughts, our hearts, and our prayers! Take care and be safe! We love you, The Harris Family

Unknown said...

It's Sunday evening in Georgia, almost 9 pm. I am praying for you, girl. I have tears in my eyes and a lot of mother-love in my heart as I think of you holding Noah for the first time. Tonight, my sweet Eliza (age 6; adopted from Viet Nam at 6 months) called me on the phone to tell me how much she loved me. I ran across the yard (we have all moved together to Dawson County!) to hug my sweet granddaughter good night and to tell her how special she is to me. There is nothing on this earth as special as the love of a child. Still here and praying without ceasing, Judy Austin

Unknown said...

Hey Jayne,
It is 10:42 Sunday night and I am overflowing with excitement for you!! We are praying for you daily! With love, Amy, Jason, and Landon

Teachorr said...

Jayne,
It is Monday evening here - and I can't wait to hear that you have held that baby in your arms. What an adventure you are beginning - what stories you will tell Noah as he grows up! Bless you both.