Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where is Love?

I haven't been able to stop thinking about a song from the original musical, "Oliver." Oliver Twist was an orphan. He seemed to always sense that his mother was out there somewhere. He wasn't sure what "love" was all about ... but he could just feel inside that it was something he wanted with all his soul. In his young and innocent heart, he equated love with ... a mother. In what I feel is the most touching scene of the movie, he is in a basement singing a song called "Where is Love" looking sweetly, and longingly out the window ... while dreaming of the mother he has never known.

I love to play and sing ... especially when a song makes me feel so much. When I do play this particular song ... there are times, I can hardly get the first words out ... because it just gets to me. Open the link below to hear this song ...

View this montage created at One True Media
Where is Love


Where is Love?
Does it fall from skies above?
Is it underneath the willow tree
that I've been dreaming of?

Where is she
who I close my eyes to see?
Will I ever know the sweet hello
that 's meant for only me?

Who can say where she may hide?
Must I travel far and wide
till I am beside the someone who
I can mean ... something to
Where is Love?
Where is Love?

Every night I kneel and I pray
Let tomorrow be the day
when I see the face of someone who
I can mean ... something to
Where is Love?
Where is Love?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jayne, That was one of my favorite songs when I was young. I loved the movie. It takes on a whole new meaning now. I'll never hear it the same way again. Very very touching. Sing more!!! Love, Wayne

Unknown said...

Jayne,
WOW!! I haven't stopped crying! Very moving. Oliver was the first play I saw as a child and dearly loved it!! I agree with your brother...sing more!! Love, Anita