Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bonding ... Wednesday afternoon!






































We were taken to a restaurant for lunch today and I had my first Borsch Soup (beet soup) ... very popular in Russia and Kazakhstan. It was very, very good and felt so warm going down ... which was nice because ... guess what ... IT SNOWED TODAY!!
Afternoon bonding was GREAT!! Noah seemed to feel SO MUCH better. This was encouraging. What I have come to learn is that almost every child at the orphanage has the same crud.

I loved watching him play with the two other children. He seems so very sensitive. I've realized he prefers to have stimulation introduced to him slowly, otherwise it seems to shock him! If you take things easy ... he's all about it!

4 comments:

Wayne said...

OMG! He really is a DOLL!! How can you stand it? You must have a hard time sleeping at night, with all the excitement. I hope the apartment is warm enough. Do the visits increase as you are there or does it continue to be two a day? Love you!!! Wayne

Unknown said...

These pictures are precious! I was hoping to see more pictures today, thanks for sharing these! I have been sharing news with everyone I see here at school! On our end of the building you are definitely the buzz. Sandra Sutton wants you to know that he is absolutely adorable! I can hardly wait to share these pictures with my family...

It was great to read that you now have "two a days" with Noah! Take care, Anita

Unknown said...

Oh Jayne,
here i sit at my desk with tears of happiness streaming down. i am so very very happy for you and Noah!
This has to be very amazing for your students; you've opened the world to them in a new way.

bbcheermom said...

Wow, what a cutie! Can't wait to get him in a North Forsyth basketball t-shirt.