Thursday, October 25, 2007

Best day of bonding yet!!











Noah seemed to feel much better today. He has two teeth just beginning to cut through up top. The caretaker was sure to show me this morning as if she was quite "proud!"

Yesterday, I tried to act like I was tossing Noah up in the air ... and he freaked out ... was scared to death! Today, I just started gently swinging him around and he laughed and laughed. Then, I did the "act like I'm tossing him high maneuver" and he decided he looooooved it! He giggled and giggled and giggled!!! So did I.

He stares at my face alot and he loves to study my hands. He loves balls and he loves stacking cups! He can't crawl yet ... but he is scooching ... if that's a word!
A funny thing happened at bonding today. There was a brown sock lying on the carpet … and we were all saying … whose sock is THIS … and laughing about it! A little while later, I found a single black knee high hose … and we all laughed at the oddness of THAT! Well … later that afternoon at bonding … I looked down and there was a navy blue knee high sock hanging out the top front of my pants. Puzzled, I looked down and pulled it out … and said to everyone, “What the …. ?” I busted out laughing. It dawned on me that the long john silk underwear I had worn for the first time since last year must have had static cling and collected socks!!! These items had been falling out of my pants!!!

I've included a picture of our "play group." In the picture is Joanie Vignovich ... from Roswell, GA ... with Hayden (given name Almira) and a sweet couple Shannon and Derick ... from FL ... with Asher (given name Bulot) and of course me and Noah (given name Ramazan).

Between bonding visits, we were taken to a book store where I bought 4 children's books. Each page had the story written in Russian, Kazakh, and English. I loved them because the children in the books look like Noah ... and I thought he would like that.

We were also taken to Memorial Way where the town has a huge statue of Lenin and smaller statues of Lenin's "friends" as our interpreter put it ... one was of Karl Marx ... the rest we couldn't figure out! Then, Larissa, our interpreter took us to the Sport Club. It is owned by a short, stout Kazakh man named Yuro. He wanted a picture with me ... the pretty blonde he called me! His daughter led the workout. Her name is Marsha and she is a body builder. She won the Kazakhstan Body Building Championship, then the Championship in Asia and next August, she travels to Spain.

Today was a holiday in Kazakhstan. It is called the Day of the Republic. It is one of the most important holidays of the Republic of Kazakhstan because fifteen years ago, on October 25, 1990, the Declaration on State Sovereignty was adopted and this day became the basis of declaration of Kazakhstan Independency. Kazakhstan was under Russian rule until the year 1991.




















7 comments:

Unknown said...

Jayne,
The pictures seem to get better and better! I am so happy the bonding is going well! The expressions of love on Noah's face bring tears to my eyes. I can't wait to share the photos with my family!

Looks like you will be buying a basketball soon!!
Love, Anita

Wayne said...

He gets better looking every day! What a face! Everyone in the office is following your story! Oohs and Aahs are in abundance.
Question: Any chance you can learn more about the parents? Health history?

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed joining in on your journey via the blog. I am overwhelmed with joy for you and Noah. I am in awe of your adventure and your desire to find your son. Noah has always been your son (as God has intended)and he has been waiting patiently for you to make your way to him. I am so HAPPY for you!

Dawn Phipps

Unknown said...

Jayne,
I love the pictures. You both look so happy. Those smiles are sign from heaven. I am going to attempt to copy and paste the pictures to share with the faculty. If you can email anita or I one so we can forward it on.

Joan

Unknown said...

Wow! It seems like you are having fun. And the picture of you and Noah on the floor is SO precious. I love it. Im so glad that he is happy and both of you are having fun.

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I am loving learning so much about Kaz, as you say, and the history you are sharing with us all. I am certain Noah will appreciate you holding onto that part of his heritage (when he is older, of course). Enjoy one another and hold on to each moment you experience with him. He has the most adorable expressions. I can't wait until your return so we can experience your joy first-hand.

Love,
Gloria

bbcheermom said...

Okay, is that a soccer ball that boy is playing with!!! Where's the basketball!! He is such a cutie. I'm so glad he's getting over his cold. Teething will definitely cause the fever too. I know you'll be relieved when you have your own doctor look him over. He looks great though. Stay warm. It's been a little cool here too (60's)...I know that would feel like a heat wave there.