Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Three Unsung Heroes

When I got to Semey, there have been three people who have worked tirelessly on my behalf. I NEVER realized before coming here the HUGE role that Olga, the coordinator, Larissa, the interpreter and Pasha, the driver play … in making not only this adoption successful … but in making my stay here comfortable and as pleasant as possible. All three of these people ... met me at the airport in Semey and have since been at my beck and call.

Olga handles all the legal documents and represented me in court. Most of her work is behind the scenes. She has "connections" and uses her influence in this town to work miracles on our behalf. She is the backbone and is "The Boss" as I like to call her.




Pasha, my favorite driver ... is a giant teddy bear. He is very protective. He walks the 3 flights up to my apartment every day and knocks five times to let me know it's him. Upon my return, he walks me up to the apartment and makes SURE I lock the door before he will leave. He tries to not let me carry anything. He treats me sweetly and affectionately and makes me feel so safe. I will genuinely miss him.






Larissa, my interpreter ... is my EVERYTHING! How was I to know what a vital role she would play in my everyday happiness, my ability to function in a foreign city, in the daily walk of the business at hand ... meeting Noah, bonding, court, and helping with my needs in caring for a baby. She not only hears for me and speaks for me ... she has become my friend.






So, while so many, many people have played a role in my process of adopting Noah ... I just wanted tonight to recognize those three who have been the foot soldiers ... those who have seriously made it happen for me here in Semey. I love them for what they have done for me. I do.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jayne,
You have truly been blessed with "the three unsung heroes". I'm very thankful that God blessed you with these wonderful people who have made your journey easier. God truly answers prayer!

Take care and give Noah kisses and hugs from me!!
Much love, Anita

Unknown said...

The roles that people play in our lives are huge! Some people are like angels that the Lord places in and around us very strategically.
We will be praying for you as you leave to go to your next step in this journey and are hoping to see you and Noah in person in and around Thanksgiving!
Much love,
Beth

Unknown said...

Jayne:
I personally believe that people are put into our paths for a reason. We may not know what the reasons are, but they are there neverthless. I believe YOU were put in my path to help me remember that God's gifts are great and to remind me of how lucky I am to have children that I love.

Come home safely,
Linda

Unknown said...

Jayne,

They have been Angel's guiding you on your path here on earth. God made sure He took care of you by bringing such wonderful people into your life! It just goes to show you good things happen to good people and you are so deserving! You can keep in touch with all of them from afar. We all hope to see you and Noah soon!

Love Ya,

Crystal

Unknown said...

I am glad you have people with you that you can depend on. I am certain that is a comfort for you being so far from home.

But you will be home SO VERY SOON! Can you taste home yet? P.F. Changs is waitin' for you, baby.

Love,
Gloria