Thursday, November 8, 2007

Last Day at the Orphanage



There was a sort of strange reverence as I entered the orphanage today. I don't know if reverence is the best word to use ... but I was quietly very aware and that this could be my last day there with the Noah ... at least in the way that we have known our days here. I memorized each step, the murals on the walls, the feelings, the smells of the kitchen, the sound of children crying, the clanking of dishes, etc. The greetings, zdrasvwetye ... zdras ... priviet. The good-byes, dosvidanya ... paka paka. The thank you's ... spasiba ... spasiba bolshoye. I tried to soak in my time with Hayden and Asher, Noah's playmates. I looked at Shannon and Derick and Joanie with love and admiration ... three people who have shared with me first hand the most incredible experience of my life and the only three who can ever fully comprehend it. As we parted at the end of today, we all hugged and assured one another that we would lift each other up in prayer tonight. We knew that we would not be together again until we all knew the judges decisions. It's understandable that today was an emotional day.




I watched as Teresa's mother, Donna, handled Noah with such ease. He watched her for the longest and giggled and giggled when she gave him attention. It was hard to stay composed as I imagined that being my mother doing the same. These are those kinds of feelings that you can't really start talking about ... so you just have to swallow really hard and savor the moment.




When we arrived this morning to visit, I was surprised to be handed Noah and then led to a room where the caretakers were putting on a show for the children. When the show was almost over, they put on some music and the caretakers had all the children go out on the floor and dance with them. It was absolutely heartwarming to see. I danced with Noah as I held him in my arms. They then handed out lollipops to the children. Noah sure enjoyed his!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Jayne,
Today is the day of waiting, and tomorrow the day of heart felt thankfulness. Here are a few verses for you to hold on to as you anticipate your time in court and the judges ultimate decision.

The Lord’s loving kindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23 NASB

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV

Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31 NIV

A few of us teachers are getting together after school today to have a prayer session on your behalf. You will definetly be covered in prayer when you walk in that court room and my prayer last night was that you will stand before the judge confident knowing that The Lord has already cleared your way! Rest in peace and confidence tonight and send us the good news as soon as possible!
Sending you the confidence that only the Lord can give us and a big reasuring hug!
Beth Gliatta

Patrick & Eileen said...

Just beautiful....brought tears to my eyes! Thoughts & prayers for you and for Noah.

Eileen

Unknown said...

Sending you love and prayers! Stay strong and know that God is with you!

Much love,
Anita

bbcheermom said...

Jayne, It's about 2:30 am for you right now and you're probably having a hard time sleeping : ) just like any expectant mother in the hours before having her child. I ran across a Thought for the Day and thought I would share it with you. "God offers us power beyond any human measure." You will use that power later today as you stand up confidently in court and give your speech.

Here also is a prayer that I thought you could use today and everyday. PRAYER: All-powerful God, keep us connected to you, and remind us that you are our sole source of energy and wisdom. We pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

Keep the faith and I'll be praying for you today and everyday.

Unknown said...

Jayne, i'll keep this short and to the point: You're one hot mama (as Tracy Adkins sings), so bring it on!!!! And then bring Noah home!! We love you. Tammy and Mark.

Unknown said...

Jayne

This journey has been so beautiful and touching to read about and be so lucky to be a part of. I can not tell you how happy I am for you or how proud I am of you for following your heart! You my dear friend will be a wonderful mother!!!!!!!! Know you're in my thoughts and prayers and my love and support are with you as you continue your journey. Take a deep breath; be yourself and you'll pass with flying colors!
The Judge will have to see the love you two already have for each other!!!!!!!!!

You will be bringing home your son!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so very happy for you both!!!!!!

Know I'm there in my heart with you!

Nancy ( aka Aunt Irs ) :-)

PS Lilly loves you and is looking forward to your arrival home with Noah!!!! BOW WOW

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I know you are going to do awesome! I have been praying for you and Noah and I have asked God to give you the right words to let the judge know how much Noah means to you. Speak from your heart as you always do and you will be GREAT! I am certain you will be celebrating tomorrow night b ecause I know you are going to be fine and do Great in court. I have complete faith in you and beieve you and Noah are a match blessed by the Heavens above! We are all so proud of you! Good Luck and know that you will soon be "officially" mom and Noah your son!

Love Ya,

Crystal

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I know you are going to do awesome! I have been praying for you and Noah and I have asked God to give you the right words to let the judge know how much Noah means to you. Speak from your heart as you always do and you will be GREAT! I am certain you will be celebrating tomorrow night b ecause I know you are going to be fine and do Great in court. I have complete faith in you and beieve you and Noah are a match blessed by the Heavens above! We are all so proud of you! Good Luck and know that you will soon be "officially" mom and Noah your son!

Love Ya,

Crystal

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I know you are going to do awesome! I have been praying for you and Noah and I have asked God to give you the right words to let the judge know how much Noah means to you. Speak from your heart as you always do and you will be GREAT! I am certain you will be celebrating tomorrow night b ecause I know you are going to be fine and do Great in court. I have complete faith in you and beieve you and Noah are a match blessed by the Heavens above! We are all so proud of you! Good Luck and know that you will soon be "officially" mom and Noah your son!

Love Ya,

Crystal

Unknown said...

He is getting cuter with each picture. But I hope everything goes well with the judges.I'm sure it well. God bless