Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mama's Exclamation Point!

Today, we were picked up to go eat lunch together. While there, we met ANOTHER new family who is here to adopt ... the Conleys from Florida. Conversations have turned from discussing our experience in Semey and the adoption to ... "Asher didn't sleep well last night," "Did Asher finally poo-poo?" ... "Try mixing oatmeal with the rice and banana cereal ... Noah loved it," "Hayden won't drink the apple juice mixed with water," ... and on and on and on. What did you do? Did you try this? How do I do that? Three sets of brand new parents trying to figure it all out as we go along! It's awesome!

NOW ... THE NEWS! Larissa came to pick us up from lunch and trying to hold back the grin ... she said, "I have some good news. Do you want to leave Semey on Saturday or Sunday?" Joanie, Derick, and myself couldn't believe our ears!! Our jaws dropped and we were so excited, we thought we were going to jump out of our skin!! We never DREAMED we might leave that soon! It seems we may have the passport and visas for our children by the weekend! This is UNHEARD OF for it to happen so quickly!! Larissa said ... "Come on ... we need to take you by your apartments to get your money, your passports, your adoption cerficates and your baby's birth certificates. We are going to BUY YOUR TICKETS TO ALMATY!!!"

The three of us are ECSTATIC!!! We have tickets to fly to Almaty for this Sunday, the 18th! Early next week in Almaty, we will take our children to get the medical exam and then we have to get cleared through the US Embassy. As soon as that is done, we can get our tickets back to the USA! We may leave as soon as Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving! Could we be home by Thanksgiving? It's possible since we gain 11 hours coming home!

"Mama ... is it NOT enough that you help me find my son ... are you NOW just trying to add an EXCLAMATION POINT ?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God! I am so happy to read this news!! Wow...you two will be home soon! You just gave be the best news ever. I will spread the word at work!! Hugs and kisses to Noah...of course you too!!

Much love, Anita

Unknown said...

Please let me know if I can pick you up from the airport! Also my parents will be here for Thanksgiving and we would LOVE to have you and Noah join us. We will have more than enough to eat!!!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow. He really knows how to show you the mnountain top doesn't He?!
Can't wait to see you!!
Beth

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I am very excited for you and wish you a speedy return. Take care and God Bless.

Love,
Gloria

Susan said...

This is such good news! You all could totally be home by Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Your mom is at work! I think it is so wonderful. We will all be here to welcome you home, I know you are sooooooooooooooooo happy and so are we! Don't worry, we will have a feast ready for you both! Ha!

Love Ya!

Crystal

AJ said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to all of you!!! We may have a Larissa/Olga record set.

Andrea

bbcheermom said...

Boy, will you ever have something to be thankful on Thanksgiving Day. It always nice to be around friends and/or family at Thanksgiving to hear everyone say what they are thankful for....I can hear Noah's now "God, I'm thankful that you sent me the greatest mom ever, Amen". I'm so glad for you. If you don't get here by Thanksgiving Day, you will still have the best Thanksgiving ever with your son. Save trip home.

Pam Mc

bbcheermom said...

whoops, I should have read before I published : ) SAFE trip home.