Tuesday, November 6, 2007

GREAT NEWS TODAY!

All three of us go to court this Friday, the 11th. Joanie at 9:30, Derick and Shannon at 11:30 and I go at 12:30!! Larissa told me today that I have a very good judge! Larissa and Olga will spend 1 1/2 hours with me Thursday evening listening to my speech and helping me make adjustments to it. They will make sure I am very prepared. I have to do my part of course. I've written about 1/3 of my speech and tonight I will finish it. I am soooooooooo very, very, very excited to have court at the end of this week!!! I would like to ask all of my friends and family to put this near the top of your prayer list. If all goes perfectly, I could have Noah by Saturday ... mother and son ... mother and son ... WOW ... sounds amazing.

I keep a picture of me and my mother next to the computer here. As of this morning, I felt led to start carrying it in my purse during the day also. I am also going to take it to court with me and lay it out in front of me where I can see her. I've had many a moment here at this apartment when I've paused to remember her ... her complete joy over this adoption ... and her determination to make this trip with me. I imagine her holding Noah and making him laugh. I imagine our sharing tears of joy and a long, warm embrace when the judge renders a positive decision. I think about these things ... and I miss her so very, very much.







I'm including two pictures that show a couple of FIRSTS ... in one, Noah is smiling really big and you can see his first two teeth (which I was here to see cut through!!!)and in the other picture, you will see him up on all fours. Today, we all hooped and hollered in the bonding room when Noah did his first crawl! Granted it was only one knee forward and then the other knee forward ... working of course in unison with his hands ... and yes, he followed it with his usual body lunge forward ... BUT, I SAW A CRAWL!! YES I DID! AND IT COUNTS!!!





Today, Larissa ... the interpreter ... seemed so happy to pose with Noah. Larissa took the time to tell me about some Kazakh traditions. One tradition that I love is that once a Kazakh baby begins to take his first steps, the family has a HUGE celebration! Family and friends come. A white pathway is laid out. The child's legs are tied together with white ribbon. The parent chooses one person who will be the child's mentor and biggest influence ... someone who will model success and will help guide the child's steps in life. This person stands behind the child and cuts the ribbon and everyone watches as the child walks the path.





I want everyone to know that I've already started the piano lessons with Noah. His little hands look mighty comfortable on the keyboard. I figure once he watches Uncle Wayne tear it up on the keyboard, he'll be inspired to play ...




Teresa ... from South Carolina ... and her mother, Donna ... arrived yesterday. I met them today for the first time. Teresa is beginning her bonding with a 9 month old Russian baby named Yuri. It took them 36 hours to get here and upon landing had to go straight to the orphanage! Today, Teresa looked like she was ready to collapse. I remember the feeling so well. I'm including their picture.


I am the only person (family) here that is fortunate enough to have high speed internet in the apartment! It has been a source of joy for me! Here is my little desk where I do all my communicating ... this is my "LIFELINE."

14 comments:

Unknown said...

PRAISE THE LORD!! A court date so soon. The Lord is good and His blessings are just beginning to pour upon you. You have made it through the valley because of your constant faith and perseverance. Welcome to the mountain top! We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet Noah.
When will you be able to come back to the States? Soon I hope. What a wonderful thanksgiving and Christmas holiday this will be for all of us. So much to be thatnkful for!
What time will it be here when you go to court Friday? I want to be sure to say a special prayer for you at that time even if it menas setting my alarm clock.
Love and miss you!
Beth Gliatta

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your court day, Jayne! We will be thinking about you and sending good vibes. We're in Seoul on our way home to Honolulu - will be nice to finally be home. Can't find where I wrote down your email - please email me at thepoags@usa.net and I will send you an invite to our blog.
Best wishes & aloha!
Valerie Poag

Patrick & Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patrick & Eileen said...

Jayne,
Eileen again :) First of all congrats on your court date! I'm so excited for you! I've been telling my husband and my in-laws about your days there. Even though we do not know each other personally....we're with you in spirit.

I got a little teary-eyed when you spoke of your mother. I just know that she is there with you. I felt this way the other day. We were in a store looking at Christmas decorations and I just started crying about my mom. I imagined how she would have wanted to be with us and a little one at Christmas.

The pictures of Noah are so wonderful. He really is a happy baby. It's just super that you are there for many *firsts* with him.

I'm so glad you shared one of the Kazakh traditions of when a baby takes their first steps. Would you mind if I share that (at some point in the future) on our blog?? It's a beautiful way to celebrate!

Congrats on having high-speed internet! Hope we have the same when our time comes to go to Kaz.

Take care,
Eileen

Patrick & Eileen said...

Jayne,
I just found some information about the tradtion of baby's first steps on the internet!! Sounds *a little* different. But interesting.

It is called Tusau kesu – cutting the thread ceremony. A black and white thread is tied around the baby’s legs – you face the child towards their mother and let them do their first steps. You then wish the family good luck! The white symbolizes a hope for success for the baby’s future activities. And the black and white together brings honesty into your child’s life

Eileen

Wayne said...

Jayne,
We all cried in the office when reading your entry! It is just amazing. I keep thinking of mom too and how much she would have LOVED being there and how much Noah would have LOVED her! I continue to dream about her, almost every night. She is working hard for you I know! Great that you are starting him on the piano. :) Sing to him too! Remember how Mom and Dad used to sing all the time.
Love you so much!
Wayne

Unknown said...

Hi Jayne,
Finally home from practice early enough to check out the latest! Noah seems so happy Jayne! I will be praying that your court date goes smoothly. No worries! Have faith! Love,
Kellye

Jody said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you - it's been a tough road, but you've stayed strong. I hope Friday goes well (I know it will)!
Jody

Unknown said...

Jayne:

I agree with Beth. Send us a time here in GA and maybe a whole bunch of us at school can offer up prayers at that time. I know I certainly will. We think about you every day. Please know that you are missed and we all look forward to meeting Noah!!

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I am so excited about the court date, you are going to do awesome, God will give you the words, you are so deserving! Know that you will have all of us on your side and Nell and all the Heavens above will be there to help! I am also jealous that I missed Noah's first crawl, I bet you were so proud. We will all be saying prayers for you and Noah for Friday. You have come a long way and you will make it, you will be AWESOME! We love and miss you and Noah very much, soon you will be official! Know that the words will come and have faith that God will take care of you...it is your destiny and Noah will be so lucky to have you as his mother!

Have a Good Night and Take Care, we love you!

Unknown said...

Jayne,

The last comment was from me, Lilly and I are staying at Nancy's tonight. Nancy says hello and she will make her comment later! We are all so excited!
Crystal :-)

Unknown said...

Jayne,

You have made it through the worst of it all and now are on the way out of the valley. I am so inspired by your writings in the blog and cannot even begin to fathom how much you are missing your mother. Our prayers will be going up for you on Friday - as Beth said, let us know an exact time so we can all be sending up fervent prayers for you to find peace, serenity, and for the Lord to give you the words you need to say and for those words to come with a calmness and ease you have never experienced before.

God Bless and keep the faith,
Love,
Gloria

Jennifer said...

I have been following your journey even before you left. Every time I read your updates my eyes fill with tears of joy and I become overwhelmed with happiness for you. I can only imagine what your feelings are! I pray for you daily and can hardly wait to meet your precious Noah! I'll be looking for the U.S time for Friday! take care!!
Love, Jennifer

Unknown said...

Great news!! However, I'm the one at school who keeps up with the time!! We will be in the bed sleeping when you go to court but never fear, we will all be praying! I believe we will just have to meet on Thursday afternoon and lift you up! Prayer is such a wonderful thing and before my family turns in for the night on Thursday, we'll be praying for you! I will be waiting for the blog on Firday!!!
Much love, Anita