Saturday, November 17, 2007

Last day and night in Semey!

Today, we had lunch with the three new families who will be adopting next. They sat at one table and we all sat at another table with our babies. It was such a contrast in my eyes. Here we were ... exhausted, experienced, and ready to go home with our children and the other table was excited, energetic, and filled with questions and anticipation. I remembered the feeling well.

After lunch, everyone was patient as Larissa ran me into a store to buy a belt. None of my pants will stay up anymore. I guess I've lost quite a bit of weight as I typically have had only one meal a day. I've gotten to where I eat the food only because I know I have to. We eat mostly meat and rice or potatoes ... and sometimes soups. We went to a shiskabob place yesterday and all they serve is meat, onions and bread. Long story short ... this food gets old ... so weight loss comes naturally.

Later that day, we went back to the orphanage to deliver pictures to the caretakers. We were able to go into the old "Bonding Room" and see the new families bonding with their babies. We stayed for an hour snapping pictures and visiting. Olga came by and gave Noah, Asher, and Hayden gifts. Noah got an adorable outfit. You will see a picture of 6 babies, three of which have been adopted and three more that will be adopted. It's a beautiful sight.






Tonight is all about taking care of an 11 month old baby while trying to pack and prepare for Noah's first plane flight. I have a feeling it is going to be a long night! Joan Graham once told me parenting is nothing but "problem solving." I'm just beginning to see how this is true.

We fly out tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. for a 2 hour flight to Almaty. I have noooooo idea where I am staying once there ... a hotel ... an apartment ... or how long. The coordinator, interpreter, and driver in Almaty will swoop us up from the airport and get us situated, I'm sure. We may end up staying in Almaty through the holidays ... we're just not sure at this point. All I know is I will be ONE STEP CLOSER TO HOME.

While I am ecstatic to be getting on that plane tomorrow, saying good-bye to Larissa, Pasha, and Olga will be very emotional for me ... especially Larissa. I will miss her very much.

This will be my last posting for a few days as I have no idea when I will have internet access again or if I will. Please continue to pray for Noah and me ... that we will have a good flight to Almaty and a good transition. Also please pray that Noah's passport and visa arrive to Almaty soon and that we get cleared to leave the country as quickly as possible!

For all of you who have been reading my story, sharing in my excitement and praying for us ... thank you from the bottom of my heart. Now ... off to pack!

6 comments:

Susan said...

I love the Kazakhstan diet...much easier than than South Beach because it just comes naturally. Hope your flight is uneventful!

Unknown said...

Jayne,
We are all saying prayers you and Noah have a safe flight home! Know that we are all thinking of you both and praying a quick return! Hang in There!

Love Ya, Crystal

P.S. Hug Noah for me!

Unknown said...

Jayne,

Praying for a safe trip for the both of you - mother and son. Stay lighthearted and upbeat and know that we are anxiously awaiting your return.

God Bless and keep you both,
Gloria

Unknown said...

Love you, believe in you, and praying for you.
See you and Noah home soon!
Beth

Wayne said...

Jayne,
Sending love your way! I dreamed last night you were home!!! Can't wait to see you.
Love,
Wayne

bbcheermom said...

"USA, HERE I COME"

Noah Osborne

Well, he would say that if he could. : )

Can't wait to see you both. Have a safe trip home.

Pam Mc