Friday, November 2, 2007

Inspired to learn more ...



Today after bonding was over, we were taken to a Language Center. Here we were the special guests of the English class. Four chairs were set up at the front of the class for Crystal, Derick, Joanie, and myself. We fielded questions from the high school and college age young people. When they turned a little shy, someone divided them amongst the four of us and we began speaking to them in small groups. I only had three in my group ... all three were in medical school. It was a great experience for these students so that they could practice their English and ask and learn about American culture, education, etc. I also learned alot from them about Semey and about Kazakhstan in general. But, the BIGGEST thing I learned is that I don't know enough!! Although I've been soaking in as much about the country as I can ... I still have so much to learn! I was inspired.

No comments: