Thursday, November 1, 2007

No electricity, No water, Is heat coming???







Many of you are probably wondering ... what happens next? When does the actual adoption take place and how does it work? Here is the long story ... short!

Our group finished our 11th day of bonding. There are four more required days! We will then wait 3 to 4 days for our court hearing with the judge here in Semey. Before this week is over, Larissa and Olga (our coordinator here in Semey) will begin preparing ... training ... us for court. It is my understanding we have to give a speech covering certain things and then answer questions posed by a prosecuter and by the judge. Olga has petitioned (on our behalf) for immediate custody following court. If all goes well and the judge grants the adoption and the immediate custody, I will officially and legally have a son, Noah Franklyn Osborne. Larissa will then take us shopping so that we can get everything we need for the babies ... i.e. food, bowls, sippy cups, diapers, baby wipes, clothes, etc. I believe we would go get the babies the following day.

Noah will then live with me in my apartment until his passport, adoption certificate and new birth certificate are ready. This can take at least a week. Once they are ready, Noah and I will hop a flight to Almaty where we will stay for 4 to 5 days. Here, Noah will go see an American doctor to get a physical and be tested for HIV (again). He and I will also have an appointment with the US Embassy. Once cleared with the Embassy, I can schedule my flight back to Atlanta, Georgia!! We HOPE to be back home before December 1st!

Shannon ... of Shannon and Derick stayed in her apartment all day today and probably will tomorrow. She is very sick. Joanie is getting a sore throat. I still feel fine ... except for stomach sickness the last three days. It just seems that something isn't settling well with my stomach and I can't figure out what it is!! I can't seem to shake it. Other than this ... I'm doing really well. Crystal has had the same stomach problems.

At Joanie's apartment, she experienced no electricity, no water, and then finally GOT HEAT ... in that order!! Well .... last night, the electricity went out for a while, ALL day today I had NO WATER ... does this mean I will have HEAT SOON???? Everybody keep your fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My fingers are crossed and I'll say an extra prayer! The picture of you with Noah stretched out beside you is adorable! The best part of your post was reading about the possibility of you bringing Noah home before Dec. 1st!! Take care of yourself and bundle up! Much love, Anita