Monday, November 5, 2007

15 Days of Bonding - ACCOMPLISHED!!!



Today, we all finished our required 15 days of bonding! Next step ... COURT! I hope to find out my court date tomorrow and I hope it will be before the week is over. Until then ... I will continue visiting Noah twice a day. There are only so many pictures to take in the same room with the same toys ... and in the same Halloween outfit (6th day in a row!) and with the same people! Ha! While my pictures may not seem as NEW and different anymore ... trust me that the time I spend with Noah is priceless and my pictures don't do justice to the bonding that I feel taking place.

Today, Larissa took us to a fancy hotel here in Semey where they have a very nice spa. We listened to what they have to offer and Joanie, Shannon, and myself are going to treat ourselves to TWO HOURS of pampering before court. We are going in together to treat Larissa for the same. I can't wait! It will be so relaxing ... a sauna, a facial, a massage ... oooooooooh, now THAT'S HEAVEN!

I now have a HEATED APARTMENT! I don't feel a chill at all anymore! Aaaaaah! It's so nice. A warm place to live is just ONE of the many things I have learned to appreciate since I've been here!!!

I've been able to see the other babies in Noah's play group. There are about 8 children. They have a very cute and clean play area with an 8 ft. by 8 ft. play pen, a carpeted play area where there is a t.v. and one extra large crib. This is where they spend their days when they aren't sleeping. They also have a room full of cribs where they take naps and sleep ... but I haven't gotten to see that yet. I hope to get a picture of both areas before I leave here. I believe the caretakers take very good care of them. But ... in the 15 days I have spent at the orphanage, I have been become VERY aware of the lack of exposure for these children. I just spend 4 hours a day in the same playroom with the same people and I'm about to go STIR CRAZY!! I can't wait to get Noah out and about and show him the WORLD!!!!!

It's my understanding that the children leave the "Baby House" (Noah's orphanage) after 3 years of age. Then, they go to the "Children's House" until age 12. After that, they go to a 3rd orphanage until they are 16 or 17. If not adopted, they are given $100 in their pocket and have to hit the streets. Well, I've gotten to know and love three little babies that aren't going to have to worry about that ... Bulot (Asher), Almira (Hayden), and Ramazan (Noah)! Another single woman from GA arrived today with her mother. She is here to adopt. There is a couple from FL arriving in a few days to also adopt. Two MORE children will go to loving homes! It thrills me!!

My mother used to fill her cheeks up with air and then hit her cheeks with her hands making the air pop out. She put together this funny routine doing this. Something this simple ... and we would laugh and laugh and beg her to do it over and over again! In this video below, I fill my cheeks up with air and have Noah hit them until all the air comes out. Sometimes I have him do it with his feet and he loves that too!

View this montage created at One True Media
It doesn't take much to entertain!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Jayne,
The pictures are still precious no matter if he's in the same outfit! Keep sending us photos! I know you will enjoy going to the spa! Enjoy yourself! How is your speech?

Love, Anita

Unknown said...

Jayne,
Great news about having heat and getting through the first stage of the process! I am praying that your court date will be soon! We miss you.
I was watching a couple of the videos in class and a couple of the students were so excited about seeing you and Noah. It is amazing to me how excited they get about us having babies. It is almost like the baby is partly theirs as well. I even had one boy say that he couldn't wait for you to get back because no one could teach like you do!! You are so loved and so missed and yet we are all so happy and excited for you and Noah!
Take care Jayne! Kiss Noah for me!
Love ya!
Beth

Unknown said...

Jayne,

That is the cutest video..ha... I remember the story about your mom and it touched my heart to realize that now you will have such a wonderful impact on Noah like your mom had on you. What an amazing miracle from above to be given such an incredible blessing from the Heavens above. I think it is a GREAT idea to go to the Spa before court, you all deserve it for everything you have been through. Believe me, after the experience I appreciate every little thing now, from taking a bubble bath to going to the grocery store...everything I used to take for granted I appreciate so much now. The trip was such a life-altering experience for me that I will always appreciate.

Treasure every moment with Noah, as I know he does with you. Getting to watch him light up when he saw you or heard your voice while I was there was a beautiful experience, he loves you so much already, it is truly amazing! Keep smiling and know that we all love and miss you and there are many praying for you and Noah! Hang in there! Give Noah a big hug and kiss for me!

Unknown said...

That just breaks my heart about the child who never gets adopted and is given $100.00 as a start and told to get out! How blessed Noah is to have you love him so much that he will never have to know that sorrowful moment.

I am so happy you have your heat back on now. I have been worried about you and am glad you are now toasty warm.

Keep the faith,

Love,
Gloria

Unknown said...

Hey Jayne,
I am so excited to hear about your journey. My nighttime routine has become reading your blog to my wife while she holds our little girl. We have laughed and cried and thanked God for you and his hand throughout your journey. I know that God has and will continue to bless you and Noah as you continue to bond. You are an inspiration to me and I am sure as you look back on the journey to where you are right now, you will realize that no matter what you have had to endure it was all worth it! Noah is a truly lucky boy to have you as his MOM! Know that you are in our prayers and we look forward to you and Noah coming HOME to Georgia!

Ashlee said...

Congratulations Jayne and Noah - you made it! The hardest part is almost over and then you'll be HOME FOREVER!

Trent, Kelly and Sarah said...

Congratulations! Soon you will have Noah forever and you will be able to show him the world!

Thank you for letting me keep up with your blog. As you already know, it really helps for those of us waiting to travel.

I will keep you and Noah in my prayers.

Kelly