Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Mountaintop!

People have told me that sometimes you have to travel through the valley before you reach the mountaintop. Well, I believe I've arrived ... and I love it!!

I laid Noah down in his crib in my apartment at 8:15 p.m. and he hasn't made a sound. He's been sleeping for about 2 hours. I'm having some time to myself to reflect on the day ... and oh, what an amazing, miraculous day it has been!!!





This unbelieveable day began with 3 hours at a spa. Joanie, Shannon, Larissa, and I got a dry sauna, massage, facial, oil and rose petal bath, hot tub, and drank hot tea steeped with flowers and fruit.





At about 1:00 today, we were taken to the Vital Records Office in Semey. Here I signed paperwork to receive Noah's new Birth Certificate ... listing Paula Jayne Osborne as the mother! I also received Noah's Adoption certificate.



Around mid-afternoon, we were taken to the orphanage to meet with the orphanage director. While there, we signed the necessary paperwork that would release the babies from the orphanage.












When we arrived to pick up the babies, the caretakers stripped them down to their birthday suit. We gave them a diaper and clothes and they dressed the babies for us. We brand new parents had a ball snapping pictures! We also snuck around the area and took pictures of the room where the cribs are and got a few shots of the playroom. Looking at a chart on the wall, I figured out that Noah slept in crib #8 ... but when I looked for it, it wasn't there. Pasha, our driver ... had gotten Noah's actual crib and was taking it to my apartment. Isn't that amazing?

Noah was a doll. He giggled some and seemed to love the attention! The caretakers smothered him with kisses and asked me to take pictures of them with him. I was caught off guard when one of the caretakers broke down in tears. Then I started crying. I gave her a long hug and asked her her name and told her mine. Noah watched her as I took him away. I can tell they love each other. I cried walking down the mural painted stairs. When I got to the first floor and headed toward the front door ... I held him so tight as I took in the enormity of what was happening. I stepped outside to the cooooooooold ... and Noah and I left the orphanage behind.


On a frigid, November 10th evening ... we made our GREAT ESCAPE!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm shedding tears of joy for you both! The love you share for Noah is so evident and precious! How wonderful to hear that Noah is sleeping peacefully and is in your apartment there! Being a mother is the most precious part of my life and I'm thrilled you are now experiencing the love of motherhood.

I hope you and Noah have a wonderful first Sunday together as Mother and Son!! Have a blessed day!
Much love,
Anita

Unknown said...

I am amazed at all you have been through in trying to get this all behind you so you can start a life here with Noah. We are so proud for you and miss you much.

Love,
Gloria

Unknown said...

The valley is tough but doesn't it make the mountaintop that much sweeter?! You and Noah look like you are on the mountain top, winter coats and all. Oh how I long to see you both. I just can't wait for us to share the precious gift of motherhood together. The good, the bad, and the ugly!!!
I miss you but couldn't be happier for you.
Love, Beth

Wayne said...

Jayne,
I just spoke with Dad. He is so so very proud of you and is happy that Noah is a part of our family. It is really a mountaintop experience for you. But unlike Moses, you took us to the top of the mountain with you! :) It has been an amazing experience to witness this from so far away. Thanks! Can't wait to see you both!!!!!
Love,
Uncle Wayne

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I am shedding tears after reading the Blog. I can only imagine the joy you are experiencing right now. I really feel for the Caregiver you described, it breaks my heart to know that she probably really loves Noah too and I am sure she is sad to let him go. But, I know inside she is happy to see him go with you with your obvious strong love and care for him. It is an amazing journey you both have been on and I know bringing him home will be just beginning a new journey. Enjoy each and every moment, they are precious memories that will live forever in your heart as well as the heart of those you have shared this experience with through your constant communication. What a true blessing from above. Enjoy,
We love and miss you both!

Crystal

bbcheermom said...

I'm so glad for you and Noah. It brought tears to my eyes to know that you are now forever together. It was nice to see him in his little blue jeans instead of a sleeper. He already is looking like an All-American boy. Can't wait to see you both.

Pam

Ashlee said...

Jayne: I am crying! I know that feeling all too well when you hit the first floor door and step outside; it is an amazing feeling. To know he is YOUR son now forever - simply amazing. Congratulations to you both! Ashlee

Patrick & Eileen said...

Jayne, After reading that....I'm crying :) Good tears though!

What a wonderful, wonderful update to wake up to.

Congratulations to you and to Noah!

Eileen

DNS said...

Oh Friend! You are right - this is surely the mountaintop! We are so grateful that we have been able to share our mountaintop experience with you, and in the process, come to love you as a dear friend. We love Noah too and are so glad that he will live "just up the road" from us. What a sweet and wonderful day!
With Great Joy,
Shannon and Derick