Tuesday, November 27, 2007

HOMECOMING!

Noah is an excellent traveler! He only had one five minute meltdown out of 16 hours in 2 different planes. I would like to make note that once we boarded the first plane, he fell fast asleep and slept for a good 2 hours. I didn't want to wake him, and as a result ... his clothes got soaked with pee. Geez! Soooo, I took his only change of clothes to the airplane bathroom with me ... pulled down the baby changing station in those tight quarters ... and proceeded to do damage control. Strange thing ... I was thinking at the time ... Noah ... NOW is NOT the occasion to spray me the "first time." What did he do? I saw an extra dribble that shouldn't have been there ... I grabbed the baby wipe and before I could cover him ... you're right ... liquid warmth all over my hand and arm ... his only change of clothes ... and off course the airplane bathroom. Then I grabbed the clean diaper and covered him ... waiting for him to finish his "business." I then looked at him and he grinned from ear to ear and I just shook my head.

Needless to say, his only change of clothes smelled questionable the remaining trip as did his mother ... who had no change of clothes and later also acquired two baby vomits to go with the pee! Just lovely, can I say?

The trip home was exhausting ... a tiredness I've never known before ... down to the bone. Shannon, Derick, and Asher shared the first 6 hour leg to Frankfurt with Joanie and Hayden and me and Noah. When I said good-bye to Shannon and Derick and Asher in Frankfurt, I broke down. I fell apart emotionally ... I sobbed as I held them and told them I loved them. And it was as if Asher knew he was saying good-bye to his "brother" ... playmate ... friend ... as he took Noah's hand more than once and stared into Noah's eyes and Noah his. We watched in disbelief at what we were witnessing. There was not a dry eye.

After boarding the plane, I continued to cry as I realized a huge part of my support system for 5 weeks was gone, in a sense. I want to say it clearly ... I LOVE SHANNON, DERICK, AND ASHER and I will always hold dear the companionship we shared and the sense of "family" they gave me while in Kazkahstan.

Arrival in Atlanta was surreal. Did I kiss the ground? NO ... if I had, I would not have had the energy to get back up. After going through passport control and customs, we took the long escalator to our waiting friends. There was Crystal armed with "Welcome Home" balloons!! Joanie's mother (fighting back the tears) and friend, Marci, were there!

We arrived home to a wonderful surprise! My friends, Crystal, Nancy, and Lisa had worked all weekend in my yard ... doing winter cleaning, planting pansies, etc., etc., etc!! They also put up ALL my Christmas decorations and had a steak dinner, baked potato, salad, and wine waiting for me! Of course ... Master Noah ... was top priority as he entered his home for the very first time!












I gave Noah his first bath in his new abode.





Crystal gave him his bottle and he then went FAST ASLEEP in his new room! I then enjoyed time with my friends ... and what friends they are! They spent hours upon hours at my house working to make sure that our homecoming was extra special! They also took our homecoming pictures which I am so happy to have to share on my blog site. How do I repay such kindness? At one of the greatest moments of Noah's and my life ... they were there ... recognizing the importance ... and making sure it was a night to remember.




2 comments:

cheryl said...

Welcome Home Mommy and Noah!

Thanks for documenting your journey and for sharing with us. I must say that more than once have I gotten teary eyed while reading your journal entries. The goodbye you, Noah and your friends had really got me choked up. It is so wonderful that you guys had each other during your 5 weeks far far away from home. God is good isn't He? -- sounds like He definitely orchestrated the entire jouney, from picking out the perfect little boy to be your son, to your new found friends, and to your friends back here in the states that threw the perfect Homecoming Party for you.
Yep, GOD IS GOOD!

Thanks again for sharing your journey. May each and every day be another page in your "story book" life with Noah from "Once upon a time to...........Happily Ever After!"

Love always,
:o)cheryl, kelli and riley

Unknown said...

Jayne,
I cannot tell you how special reading your every thought and experience has meant to me! To finally see your dad and extended family has shown me how much love you are surrouned with. I cannot get enough, so keep writing my friend.
Love,
KSR