Monday, November 26, 2007

Thank you, God!

Today was all about the "finish."

The interview at the US Embassy was basically a "Congratulations ... all your papers are correct and in order." I'm including a picture of Noah's Kazakhstan passport and a picture of his visa to enter the US. Also pictured is a sealed envelope given to me by the Embassy with the instruction "Do Not Open. Give it to the US Custom's Office when you arrive." I also got instructions on how to apply for Noah's Social Security Card and a blue packet of all of the original court documents from Semey. All of us held these documents tight to our chest, pumped our fists in the air, and yelled YES!!





Back at the hotel, we met with Marina, the coordinator and Kate, the interpreter. We paid our final fees, exchanged gifts, and said our good-byes. At 1:30 a.m., Sam, our driver, will be here at the hotel to pick us all up.

Noah is in his crib fast asleep. He has no idea the long day we have ahead of us. Leaving the hotel at 1:30 a.m ... I estimate we will not step foot into my house for about another 24 hours. That's okay though. We've made it this far!

The title of my blog is "A Mother's Journey to Kazakhstan." My journey to adopt began over two years ago and during this time, I've had my faith tested, my heart broken, and I lost my mother. I read the book Hinds Feet For High Places and it made me understand that sometimes God doesn't take us straight up the mountain. He may have us take the long road there ... through a desert, down into a valley, or into a frightening, unknown place. There are lessons about faith, about hope, and most importantly ... about love that I have learned on this journey that I might never have learned had I easily strode to this mountain top.

I'm here ... humbled, wiser, more faithful ... and with a heart that has changed. God has prepared me as only he can ... so that when I hold Noah in my arms, I feel inside me ... the wide open heart of a mother.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Jayne,
I think all of us who read your blog are very humbled to 1) be invited to read your journey, and 2)knowing that you have traveled a long distance to give a little boy a miracle life that he wouldn't have had without your perseverance. You will be such a wonderful MOTHER to Noah. I look forward to seeing you soon! I wish you both a safe flight! Call us and let us know when you are ready to see friends!!
Much love,
Anita

Unknown said...

Jayne,
I am so looking foward to your return. When can I see you and your son?! Blessed be the name of the Lord!!
Beth

Patrick & Eileen said...

Jayne.....this is wonderful news. I am so happy to have watched your progress. Both Pat and I feel honored that we have been able to do so.

Andrea and I mentioned you today in our weekly chat. Just mentioning how happy we are for you and how homesick you must have felt.

Have a safe journey,
Eileen

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I am overjoyed that you are coming home! We have missed you so much and cannot wait to share in your life with your baby boy. Let us know when you arrive home safely and are rested and ready for all your friends.

God continue to so richly bless you and yours....

Love,
Gloria

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I think God has given you your heart's desires and I think He knew you would be the "mother" Noah always wanted! We can't wait for your return! These are only the first of the miracles to come, you will have many more with sweet Noah! Be careful and safe and we will see you sooooooooooooooooon!

Love Ya,

Crystal

Ashlee said...

Jayne:

What an amazing post today; I sit here just crying knowing how happy you are now! And what an incredible journey we all have been on and experienced.

Safe travels,
Ashlee

bbcheermom said...

So glad that this part of your journey is coming to an end and you will begin the BEST part of your journey, raising Noah. This too will be a journey, motherhood : ). It will have it's peaks and valleys too but after what you've been through it will be much easier. All you will have to do is look back and see what it took to be a mother and know, no matter what you face in the years to come, he will be worth every minute of it...even when you are waiting up for him when he gets that driver's license : ) coming home from that first date and he's LATE. : ) Oh, you've got so many great memories that are about to start in your life...start stocking up on photo albums and video tapes because you don't want to miss a minute of it. Can't wait to see you both....we have a game Friday night at home if you're up to it : ). Get plenty of rest and we will see you when you're ready. God bless you...oh, he already has : )
Pam Mc

Unknown said...

Jayne, have a good flight home...we are tracking your progress...Noah sure looks like an Osborne...all smiles! love ya...tammy and mark.

DNS said...

Jayne,
Thanks for sharing your heart and your life in this post (and for the last 5+ weeks)! :) I think we really treasure the mountaintop when we have traversed the valley (and once we have seen the view from the top, we can endure the next valley - praise God for that!). We have missed you already. Hope you and Noah are adjusting well. Looking forward to hearing how the last leg of your flight was and how your first week at home has been.
love to you,
Wyss Fam

cheryl said...

Jayne,
You and Noah have been on my mind and in my prayers. It has been a week or more since I've read your blog, so I was thrilled when I opened and read that you should be home by now! How exciting! We are so happy for you. The Lord has definitely taken you on a journey and to a treasure that is more precious than anything else on this earth -- "motherhood".
Congratulations Jayne and Noah.
Love and blessings,
:o)cheryl, kelli and riley