Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving and a Live Wire

Thanksgiving Dinner at the Intercontinental Hotel was very nice. I’m including pictures of just SOME of the food … There was MUCH more! We were in awe of our food choices and I laughed as it reminded me of the Survivor reality show … where these survivors are starving … and they win a reward challenge … and the prize is a huge feast. What food they would normally not think twice about … they are ooohing and aaaahing over it and thinking food has never, ever tasted so good!! That was us in a nutshell.









But Noah had other plans for me tonight. He wouldn’t nap this afternoon so he was very tired and antsy AND he has two MORE teeth coming in on top and two more readying themselves on bottom. So, he was not a happy camper and at the same time was a “live wire.” It felt like trying to hold my golden retriever in my lap during dinner. By the time our Thanksgiving dinner was over, I was sweating and worn out and hadn’t had a whole lot to eat. He also didn’t like the pumpkin and turkey baby food I so happily chose for him to eat on this special occasion. He puked it all over me … not once … but twice. (smile) Haaaaaaaaaaappy Thanksgiving!!!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks soooooooooooooooooooooo cute. I hate that you got "slimed" for Thanksgiving! Ha! The feast looks awesome. I am so happy you are getting something good to eat. We will have plenty for you both when ya'll come home. Don't worry! Four more days to go, let's pray they fly by! We all love and miss you both very much and can't wait until Tuesday. Let's thank the Heavens above for such a beautiful blessing this Thanksgiving, that you and Noah get to return soon! We love you!

Crystal

Unknown said...

P.S. Hug and Kiss Noah and tell him we are all wishing him a Hap...Happpppppy Thanksgiving as well as you!

Wayne said...

Jayne,
Greg asked me to make sure and send his Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you and Noah. I burnt my chocolate espresso pecan pie. :( We leave for lunch soon. It would be great to be with you to celebrate but am happy you had a chance to look at some delicious food :) HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Love you very much, Uncle Wayne

Ashlee said...

Jayne and Noah, Happy Thanksgiving! It is such a blessing to be celebrating with your son this year so there is much to be thankful for. We are looking forward to your quick and safe return HOME! Hang in there, the finish line is right around the corner.

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jayne and Noah! Thinking of you both! Sending lot's of love your way!
Kellye

Unknown said...

Dear Jayne,
Such a very special thanksgiving! All my love to your family of 3!
Pam

bbcheermom said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jayne and Noah! I was thinking of you today and how you have so much to be thankful for this year. Although you're far from home this has to be the best thanksgiving ever. Hang in there for just a few more days.

Pam Mc