Sunday, November 4, 2007

"HALLOWEEN FIVE"





Remember all the Halloween horror movies? Halloween 1, Halloween 2, etc? I got tickled today when the caretakers handed me Noah in his Halloween outfit for the 5TH DAY IN A ROW!!!!

Noah is progressing in many ways. He is getting better at standing when holding on to something. But he really surprised me today!! I was standing there holding him up and he started picking up one foot and moving it forward and then the other foot and then the other foot. He was on a mission to get to a particular toy!! I COULDN'T believe it! Then, I began thinking how lucky I am in that ... I am seeing his first tooth come in, I am seeing him learn how to sit up without help, how to stand while holding on, and I am hearing his first "babbling." Soon, I will see him crawl for the first time, and later ... say his first word, etc. It's quite incredible when I think about it all! He is at a wonderful age!




I'm including a couple of photos of Noah and Asher. Noah was just fine until Asher decided to teethe on his head!


This afternoon, Larissa brought to the orphanage our two petition letters for the court. One is a petition for adoption and one is a petition asking for immediate custody. She interpreted them for us and we signed them. I believe that by Tuesday we will know our court dates. Meanwhile, Olga and Larissa gave us the "FIVE FINGERS" (they call it) or the five things we must cover in our "court speech." The speech should be about 20 - 25 minutes long ... this includes pausing for the interpreter (Larissa). I'm going to begin working on my speech tonight. I've given quite a few speeches in my lifetime ... but this will be the absolute most important speech I have ever given or will ever give. I am going to pray and pray that God will give me the perfect words to say ... the words He would have me say.

I got back to the apartment to find the heat on! But, when I got to the bedroom, I heard water dripping! The faucet to that radiator was ON and water was leaking all over the floor!!!!! Oh, Lord! I grabbed towels and cleaned it all up and am just praying it didn't leak to the apartment below. Thank goodness I got here when I did and not much later ... or it would have been ROUND TWO tonight with the owner and the neighbors. Can you believe it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jayne - sounds like things are a little better today. I know that when you seek the Lord for His wisdom He will pour it out on you! This IS His will so no matter what the speech says, He will have already prepared the hearts of those people who will be making the decision for you and Noah!! I am counting down the days for your return. Anna has really enjoyed viewing the pictures of you and Noah.
You probably won't recognize me upon your return - I get bigger every day!!
Love and miss you!
Beth Gliatta

Unknown said...

Jayne,

I am so glad they are moving quickly with the documents. You do not need to worry about your speech. God will give you the words you need to touch the heart of everyone in the courtroom. Anyone watching you with Noah will know you were meant to be his mother and if you relax and speak from your heart the right words will come. Trust in God and have faith, you will be GREAT! We will all say prayers for you and ask God to give you the words to convey the strong love you have for Noah in your heart. Keep smiling, you will make it!

Unknown said...

Jayne,

You are such a wonderful person and are such a great mother to Noah. The words will come from above and you will not even have to think about it. I have full faith that the Lord is pouring his Spirit out upon you in order for you to be a shining light for others.

Take care and keep the faith,
Gloria