Friday, November 23, 2007

Enjoy the process ...

I'm counting down! As a matter of fact, I look at my watch constantly ... I practically watch it tick. My twin brother, Wayne, has said to me for years, "Enjoy the process." I'm trying. I guess it's perfectly normal to miss home ... after all, that's why there is such a word as "homesick!"

It rained today so we all just laid low in our hotel rooms. Noah took 2 long naps today and I thanked God for that! I was then able to get some much needed rest. I'm including a few pictures of Noah from today ... with his giraffe ... which he and I affectionately call johnny giraffe.






I did get Noah's HIV test report back today (negative). I also got all his medical records from the orphanage in the original Russian version and in an English (translated) version. Included in these records is Noah's vaccination history. Marina, our coordinator here in Almaty, called today and said all the paperwork is squared away in reference to Noah's passport and visa. The appointment at the Embassy is Monday at 3:30 and tickets to fly home are purchased. Now, we just wait.

Tonight, Noah got a little cultural experience listening to a pianist and violinist in the hotel lobby.




Maybe I need to do some soul searching tonight and think about "enjoying the process" these last few days. After all, I'm on the downhill slide! Wheeeeeeee!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jayne, I've been reading your blog even though I haven't written notes every day. We are so excited for you and Noah to get back safely. We ate Thanksgiving at Cracker Barrel , your Dad, Mac and a couple of his friends, Tommy and Chesley, then watched the Green Bay game. Life in the SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW LANE.....it ain't all bad! We love you. take care. LOVE THE PICTURES BY THE WAY. tammy.

Unknown said...

Jayne,

He looks soooooooooooooo cute! You are almost home free! Thank Goodness everything came back and everything is wonderful! Nell has blessed you beyond measure! The count down is on...tick, tick, tick! Enjoy these last days!

Love Ya

Crystal

Wayne said...

Jayne,
It seems like you have been enjoying every minute of the process; while letting us all in, so we can enjoy it too. :)

I'm taken by Noah's beautiful eyes. Very deep and thoughtful.

I'm so glad his tests have come back negative.

Hopefully you can get some good rest in these last few days!!

Love you very much,
Uncle Wayne

Unknown said...

Jayne,

Take care and get some much needed rest every opportunity Noah will let you do so!

He is so beautiful, Jayne. I agree with your brother - those eyes of his are compellingly captivating.

We miss you and are anxiously awaiting your safe return back to the states.

Love,
Gloria