Saturday, December 1, 2007

Noah meets his Grandfather and Uncle Mack!

Saturday morning ... 4:00 a.m. to be exact, Noah and I woke up and prepared to drive to Birmingham, Alabama. My neice, Alison, lives there with her family. Her son, Henry, was celebrating his 2nd birthday! It was a HUGE day for us as Noah would get to meet his grandfather, oldest uncle, and a few cousins!!

My father had the biggest smile I have seen on his face in years! As Mack and my Dad approached Noah for the first time, Mack exclaimed, "Jayne ... HE IS BEAUTIFUL!" and then again ... "Oh my God ... he is beautiful!" Dad and Mack were wonderful with Noah today as were my neice and her husband, Martin ... and Noah's cousins, Greta and Henry. There were other longtime friends of our family also there.












What did today mean? It was our very first feeling of ... family ... and boy, did it feel good!!! We received such an affirmation from my immediate and extended family ... that of an open armed welcome and genuine LOVE, EXCITEMENT and ACCEPTANCE.

Mack is convinced Noah must have the blood of Genghis Khan ... that of a great warrior! Mack loves the name Ramazan and got a kick out of calling Noah that.



My Dad called me when he had returned home to MS tonight and said, "This is my opinion of Noah ... he is CALM, COOL, AND COLLECTED and he will break the heart of many ladies." Dad also said, "Thank you Jayne ... for a day from which wonderful memories are made."

5 comments:

Jayne Osborne said...

Jayne,

It is wonderful to see your family full of love for Noah, what a loving welcome! I think God used Nell to help bring your dreams to a reality and what a true blessing Noah really is to you as well as all of us and what a true blessing you are to Noah. He is lucky to have such a fabulous mother and you are truly blessed to have such a beautiful son! Your dad is right, he is a heart stealer as I know first hand, he has already stolen mine!!!!

Love You Both,

Crystal

Unknown said...

Jayne,
It is a true blessing to have such a wonderful little boy! An even greater blessing is to witness the love on everyone's faces as they interacted with Noah! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip and I want a picture of Noah and your Dad for my classroom!!
Much love,
Anita

Joanie said...

Jayne,

Oh how I loved looking at the pictures of Noah and your Dad. I know how much it meant to you to see Noah in your Dad's arms...a moment you will treasure forever! We miss both of you! We are looking forward to celebrating Noah and Hayden's birthdays with Mexican and margaritas! Talk to you soon.

Joanie

Susan said...

Welcome home! I love your accounts of your homecoming and Noah meeting his family. This is what it's all about.

Susan, Mitch, and Tyler

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.